Cheesy Polenta with Roasted Vegetables
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup (5 oz./155 g) polenta
- 3/4 lb. (375 g) butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1/2 lb. (250 g) brussels sprouts, halved
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup (3 oz./90 g) shredded fontina cheese
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
Preheat an oven to 450°F (230°C).
In a large pot over high heat, bring 5 cups (40 fl. oz./1.25 l) of water and 1/2 tsp. salt to a boil. Stir in the polenta and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often, until the polenta is soft and smooth, about 40 minutes.
Meanwhile, pile the squash and brussels sprouts on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar, season well with salt and pepper, and toss to coat. Spread the vegetables into a single layer and roast, stirring once about halfway through, until fork-tender and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside while you finish the polenta.
Once the polenta is soft, stir in the butter and cheeses until melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the polenta into bowls, top with the roasted vegetables and garnish with parsley. Serve immediately. Serves 4.
IF YOU TRY IT OUT COMMENT BELOW WHAT YOU THOUGHT
Photo and Recipe credit Williams Sonoma