- 1 pound of cherries, rinsed and pitted, stems removed (I Jaime used the frozen presidents choice cherries)
- 2 cups of brown sugar
- 2 cups of bourbon (I Jaime used Jim Beam)
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise
- In a medium saucepan, add the brown sugar, bourbon, cinnamon sticks and star anise.
- Bring to a bubbling simmer and let simmer over medium low heat for about 5 minutes.
- Pour the pitted and stemmed cherries into a large bowl,
- Pour the bourbon syrup over the cherries and let macerate for 5 – 10 minutes or so.
- Ladle into clean sterilized jars, leaving about a 1/2″ headspace, making sure the cherries are submerged in the liquid.
- Seal the jars. You can either put them in the refrigerator or process them in a water bath for 10 minutes or so.
- Let cool and enjoy!
Photo and recipe credit: Cooking in Stilettos